On September 19, 1846 the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to two shepherd children in La Salette, France. The children were Melanie Mathieu Calvat, aged 14, and Peter Maximin Girard, aged 11. As always a "brilliant light" preceded the apparition of Our Lady. On August 24, 1852 the messages and apparition were declared to be worthy of belief and of divine origins.
The messages of Our Lady of La Salette are strikingly similar to those of Fatima, Akita and Amsterdam. As the Good Mother, Mary constantly exhorts and reprimands Her children. As it is always necessary with children, Our Mother repeats Herself over and over!
When Our Lady appeared to Melanie and Maximin, She was greatly distressed by the blatant disregard and disrespect for God and His Commandments, especially the first three Commandments. At that time, She reminded the children that there are consequences for men's sins against God and that She, as the Loving Mother, has held back the hand of God and suffered and prayed continually for us (cf. The Third Secret of Fatima).
Of the complaints which Our Lady spoke of, the fact that man blasphemed God's name and worked on the Sabbath, not keeping the Lord's day holy, were "the two things that weigh down the arm of my Son so much." As a result of these sins, a great famine was predicted and "children under the age of seven will begin to tremble and will die in the arms of those who hold them." This certainly did come to pass and not just in France. God is a truly the Just Judge but that means He punishes, also: "In vain I struck your children; the correction they did not take" (Jer 2:30).
When reading the messages in this moment of time, it is clear that some of them seem to apply to two time periods: 1865 to 1870 and 1965 to the present. For example: "...The priests are asking vengeance, and vengeance is hanging over their heads. Woe to the priests and to those dedicated to God who by their unfaithfulness and their wicked lives are crucifying my Son again...In the year 1865, there will be desecration of the holy places. In convents, the flowers of the Church will decompose and the devil will make himself like the king of all hearts. May those in charge of religious communities be on their guard against the people they must receive, for the devil will resort to all his evil tricks to introduce sinners into religious orders, for disorder and the love of carnal pleasures will be spread all over the earth." During the period of 1865 to approximately 1871, according to a biographer of Saint Catherine Laboure of the Miraculous Medal, Fr. Joseph I. Dirvin, C.M., there was much unrest in France and an insurgence of Communist philosophy which affected the clergy, the Church and the populous as a whole. These were very troubled days and some of the priests played politics while others were martyered. As a matter of fact "on Ascension Thursday, May 18, a mob broke into the church of Notre-Dame-des-Victoires...and perpetrated terrible sacrileges...". (Taken from Fr. Dirvin's writings.) Doesn't this sound like the current situation of the Church. Did not the Lady of All Nations say on March 25, 1970: "Apostles of the Lord, remain faithful to your divine calling"? And on May 31, 1970 did not Ida , while seeing a vision of the altar and blood streaming out from the chalice, hear Our Lord say: "They have reviled Me again. They have nailed me to the Cross anew"? (cf. Eucharistic Messages 5/31/74 & 5/31/78)
In addition to those messages, there were the alarming prophecies which pertain to this exact moment in our lives and the life of the Church. These, of course, parallel the Scriptures and coincide with the prophecies of the Lady of All Nations at Amsterdam.
The following are the prophecies of the Lady of La Salette followed by the prophecies of the Lady of All Nations.
1) "Peace shall not be given to the world until men are converted" (La Salette). On April 21, 1945, the Lady of All Nations says: "Listen, mankind. You will preserve the peace if you believe in Him." "The daily Sacrifice has to have its place again at the center of this degenerate world" (March 20, 1953). "Now They [the Father and the Son] both wish to send the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, Who alone can bring Peace" [by sending Mary as] "the Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate...Make sure that the prayer...which asks for the sending of the True, Holy Spirit, is spread as quickly as possible" (May 31, 1951). "Bring back the Charity of Jesus Christ to this world - this degenerate world! The Church of Rome must fulfill this precept to the utmost of its power" (November 15, 1951). This refers to Mt 24:14: "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, as a testimony to all nations..." "The prayer has been given for the salvation of the world. This prayer has been given for the conversion of the world" (December 31, 1951).
2) "A Protestant nation in the North shall be converted to the faith; through the means of that nation, the others shall return to the holy Catholic Church" (La Salette). This refers to Holland and its conversion through the Lady of All Nations! "The Lady, who is bringing peace, gave Her words through an instrument from a country, where peace was always desired. 'The Lady of All Nations' is not destined for one country and one place, but it is meant for the whole world, for all nations" (October 11, 1953).
3) "In this time the anti-Christ...will perform false miracles and subsist only on vitiating faith" (La Salette). The Lady of All Nations says that "Satan's hand is over the world." She further warns on May 10, 1953: "Beware of the false prophets!...Oh, you do not know what tremendous forces are threatening this world. I am now not speaking only of modern humanism, atheism, modern socialism and communism; there are yet forces of quite a different nature that threaten this world. Nations, do search for the truth."
4) "The Church passes into darkness. The world will be in a state of consternation, perplexity and confusion" (La Salette). "The Lady of All Nations speaks again: 'The Christians will become weary ('She stresses the word') of struggling.' She points ahead of me and I see a pulpit. It disappears and immediately I see a desert" (January 3, 1946). This refers to the persecution of the Church as is written in Scripture, Revelations 12:14-17: "...and the Woman (the Church) fled into the wilderness, where She has a place prepared by God, in which to be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days...Then the dragon was angry with the Woman, and went off to make war on the rest of Her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and bear testimony to Jesus."
5) "Woe to the inhabitants of the earth! God will exhaust His wrath upon them, and no one will be able to escape so many afflictions together...The society of men is on the eve of the most terrible scourges and of gravest events" (La Salette). Remember the Lady of All Nations said: "Do realize the gravity of the times." And on December 31, 1951: "I will let you see what is going to happen. It is by dint of terrible strife and calamity that the world with all those who have turned away from the Blessed Trinity, will come back to the Church."
6) "Italy will be punished for her ambition in wanting to shake off the yoke of the Lord of lords" (La Salette). On May 27, 1950 in Amsterdam, Our Lady said: "Italy will be torn in two."
7) "Physical and moral agonies will be suffered" (La Salette). Does not the Lady of All Nations say that moral "degeneration leads to disaster; degeneration leads to war?" Does not Our Mother repeatedly warn us of "disaster upon disaster, disaster of nature and hunger and political chaos?" Did not the Lady of All Nations say on June 9, 1946: "If people would only listen - but they will not!"
8) "May the Pope guard against the performers of miracles. For the time has come when the most astonishing wonders will take place on the earth and in the air" (La Salette). Certainly sounds like today. Does not the Lady of All Nations stress over and over that today, in particular, there are so many false prophets!
9) "Evil books will be abundant on earth and the spirits of darkness will spread everywhere..." (La Salette). It is next to impossible to have good, wholesome fun with family and friends; everywhere there is immorality: not only in books, but in the movies, the way people dress, the billboards and advertisements, music, television, theatre and even children's shows! The Lady of All Nations constantly reminds us of the fact that we live in a degenerate world where "there is a spirit out to undermine" our salvation. She asks us "to pray to ward off this degeneration."
10) "They will abolish civil rights as well as ecclesiastical rights. All order and all justice would be trampled underfoot and only homicides, hate, jealousy, lies and dissension would be seen without love for country or family...Men will kill each other and massacre each other, even in their homes" (La Salette). On March 28, 1948 the Lady of All Nations said: "The rights of man will be the point at issue. Within a short time, tremendous things are going to happen. They will be preceded by chaos, confusion, doubt, disorder and despair!" Is this not what we are living through now?! Constantly, the Lady reminds us that without the Cross, without love there will be no truth, justice or righteousness. "Pray to ward off this degeneration. The world will destroy itself" (November 19, 1949). Invoke the Holy Spirit of Truth and Justice. The Lady of All Nations has come "to save souls" and "to spare this us from a universal calamity."
11) "The Holy Father will suffer a great deal because for a while the Church will yield to large persecution, a time of darkness and the Church will witness a frightful crisis" (La Salette). Did not the little seer of Fatima see in a vision the Holy Father greatly absorbed in prayer and suffering because of the persecutions of the Church! On August 15, 1979 Ida was told by Our Lord that Pope John Paul II "will have to wage a fierce struggle."
12) "Several religious institutions will lose all faith and will lose many souls...A great number of priests and members of religious orders will break away from the true religion. Among these people, there will even be bishops" (La Salette). On May 31, 1978, Our Lord told Ida: "They [priests] have ravaged My Church and chased My followers into wilderness...Watch well." Now Ida is shown a vision of the seminaries and universities. "From all these buildings I saw priests and clergymen coming out. I got frightened because their faces looked like heads of foxes, wolves and hyenas. They came along skulking and moved around searching like these animals." Then Our Lord interjects: "They are those who have led My people into wilderness and have broken up My Church."
13) "The earth will be struck with calamities of all kinds...Nature is asking for vengeance" (La Salette). On May 7, 1949, the Lady of All Nations said: "Nature, too, will change!" And on May 10, 1953, She speaks of the "universal calamity." Throughout the messages of the Lady of All Nations, there are warnings about catastrophes, meteors and disasters.
14) " There will be a series of wars until the last war which will then be fought by the kings of the anti-Christ, all of whom will have one and the same plan and will be the only rulers of the world...All civil governments will have one and the same plan: abolish and do away with every religious principal to make way for materialism, atheism, spiritualism and vice of all kinds" (La Salette). Is this not a time of "politico-Christian warfare" as the Lady of All Nations calls it. On August 15, 1950 the Lady referred to the Balkans and surrounding geographic area when She said: "These are the people that plan to bring about destruction to the world." On November 15, 1951, the Lady declared: "Wars will continue until the Spirit of Truth comes with His help." On May 7, 1949, Ida sees "a multitude of Eastern peoples." (Could be referring to Islamic peoples who dwell not only in the Balkans but throughout the Middle East nations and further east into China.) The Lady says to her: "These he will rouse...A great disaster will occur; that will startle them. The Baltic is full. You do not see that?" (Biblically speaking the term "full" refers to sin as in the following scriptural phrases: "full of guilt" Jer 51:5, "full of violence" Ez 7:23, "the wine press is full" Joel 4:13, "full of guile" Sir 19:22, "Lawlessness is in full bloom" Ez 7:10, "full of treachery" Jer 5:27, etc.) Eventually the nations will unite probably against a common enemy, however this cause will more than likely usher in the "one world government". Did She not say, on August 15, 1950, "a monarch will reign very briefly and powerfully." Do we listen? Do we pray?
Throughout Her warnings at La Salette, Our Mother reminded us of Her constant intercession and prayers for us. She speaks of the fact that She suffers for us continually while remaining at our side as a the Good Mother who protects, defends and advocates for us! Clearly, in this apparition we see too the role of the Mother of All Nations, Coredemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate! Through all of this, She encourages us to persevere and fight with great zeal as children of the Light. She gives us hope and reminds us to stay close to Her, to obey the Commandments, to say the Rosary and to make sacrifices, to honor and love God and to attend the holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Does this not sound like Her messages at Fatima, Amsterdam or Akita? Our Mother will never tire of telling us over and over the same messages. Why? Because She loves each and every one of Her children, all of God's children!
It is no wonder that at La Salette Our Mother cried great tears, Her children never listen and so many are lost to hell for all eternity. How does She bear it? It is so difficult for any Mother to lose one child, not to mention the innumerable souls that Mary has seen perished. As Melanie Calvat, the seer of La Salette, said: "Because of the sins of Her children She [the Blessed Mother] would die of grief unless God sustains Her." What child, once he knew the gentle warmth of the Dearest of all Mothers, would ever wander away or offend such a loving Mother again through sin? Melanie described the love of the Blessed Virgin as "a doorway to God's Kingdom that fills the soul with the Will of the Most High." She said the love of Mary makes the soul want to "perform continual acts of praise, of thanksgiving, of atonement and expiation" to God. It is a love "that fears to displease; a love that focuses the soul on God!" Isn't that the very reason why the Lady of La Salette wears the crucifix of Her Son over Her Heart to draw us compassionately to His Most Sacred Heart? Is not the Lady of La Salette giving us the same message She gave us as the Lady of All Nations which is to focus on the Cross of Her Son and to pick it up and carry it in love of God and neighbor so that we not only console His Most Sacred Heart but also Her Most Loving Immaculate Heart? Is it not the desire of Our Lady of La Salette that we, Her children, follow Her example in imitation and true love of Her Son, as coredemptors, mediators, and advocates? But how can all Her children follow Her example if they do not even recognize Her as their Mother?
No child could resists the love of such a Mother but as the Lady of All Nations said it is up to us, the Catholics who do truly know and love Her, to introduce Her to all our brothers and sisters in Christ. How can we do that? By saying the prayer of the Lady of All Nations, by returning to the sacraments, by making frequent Communions, by sacrifices, devotions and saying the Rosary. In short, live the "simple faith", practice brotherly love, spread the messages of the Lady of All Nations and crown Her as The Coredemptrix, Mediatrix and Advocate under Her title. Then as a result, we shall see all the world recognize their Mother because there shall be great graces of conversion through which the world shall be "born of the Spirit" (Jn 3: 8)!
The Lady of All Nations said on May 31, 1965: "A Church or a people without a Mother is like a body without a soul." And, at La Salette, Our Lady cried because: "There are so many who know me not!" Melanie Calvat asked us to do everything possible to comfort Our Mother and to change Her grief into joy. So let us waste no time in comforting Her by doing as She asks! Let us be good and loving children and console Her Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart! Let us turn Her grief into joy!
May we recommend that you read "La Salette History". This page has been updated recently. The historic information that has been added to it is quite fascinating, illustrating the fulfillment of the Our Lady's predictions at La Salette!
RETURN TO TOP
Copyright ã 1999, 2001, Virgo Vincit Veritate, L.L.C.
All Rights Reserved